Spotlight on Senior Citizens!
Inside Broadway has been providing fun, quality programming in senior citizen centers throughout New York City since 2007 when the NYC council established the Senior Citizen Cultural Initiative program. Through that initiative, Inside Broadway collaborated with 18 senior centers.
Our Spotlight On Seniors program is designed specifically for each individual senior center. The goal of the program is to stimulate and engage the seniors while providing entertainment that is fun and memorable. During the residency, the participating seniors will develop an understanding of important acting techniques and will create their own musical revue or play that will be performed for their friends and family.
Contact us today to learn more.
Spotlight On Seniors Facts
- Our program is designed to include all seniors who want to participate
- Bilingual Teaching Artists are available
- An Inside Broadway representative meets with the site’s Program Director prior to the start to evaluate the sites individual needs
- Our residency programs aide with cognitive memory and sensory skills
- The seniors participate in dance and movement which promotes physical activity
- This is a collaborative process which promotes teamwork
- The seniors will develop a greater sense of self-esteem
- The Teaching Artist incorporates the senior’s individual talents into the residency
- The seniors are presented with certificates at the completion of the program